Shop

Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bug Babies



The praying mantis  babies were born! 



















 

They look like little mosquito's !
 












We set them free, because apparently you have to or they are so hungry they start killing each other!  That I didn't know.   We are ordering 1,500 ladybugs and building some ladybug homes !  Also on the list are  more praying mantis eggs.  I am  all about natural solutions, rather than chemicals being sprayed in  my yard .  

When you make butterfly and ladybug houses, you put a beneficial lure in the boxes that make them set up shop and stay in your yard!  I think that is really interesting.   







The cocoons are formed for the butterflies! 





 Oh how I love this time of year!  




A nook I am wanting to put in  my yard under my trellis.  Climbing roses...one of my favorites!






via 79 ideas


We are leaving to go pet some baby animals!  Lions, panthers, monkeys!  I will take pics!  So excited.

Have a wonderful Weekend! 




2 comments:

Kenda said...

New follower from BlogFrog - hope you'll come by TheCaffeineCoquette.com and say hello!

Tess Julia said...

I could just imaging my 10 year old going nuts over those praying mantis. We'll have to try that some time. Love this time of year too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...