Shop

Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Hi there!

I haven't posted much due to the redo on my workshop with some new tool additions.  I am having such  happy thoughts of adding a rolling mill and making room for it.  I also added a drill press and a work table that is something to behold.  I will post more pics when the mill and drill press arrive.  I have also been getting a totally handmade shop together with banners, goals, and a few pieces that were commissioned.  All are in the process of being finished.   I will have the new shop on the side of my blog and a few staples in sterling silver in the shop to start for the holidays.    I know fully stocking it might be impossible this year with my late opening.  That is OK though.  You  can never rush a good thing.  This time last year I was thinking about opening a shop of assembled jewelry and now I have two shops and one on the way! 

I did want to post today about a wonderful food blog that I just found.  Maybe you have seen it or tried her recipes.  The Spanish rice was something I loved.  I did do a twist on it for myself loving cilantro and green olives.  Green olives give Spanish rice a wonderful flavor.  If you haven't tried it yet.  You really need to.  Cilantro you just cannot get dried.  The taste isn't the same and being fresh you get such an alive wonderful taste.  I copied the link to her blog.  I spent an hour (I should have been working shh don't tell!)  on that site eyeing up some soups, because my favorite time of year is here!

Fall the colors, the sharp sting of the wind, the crunch of the leaves, the rainbow of colors of leaves falling like snow when the wind blows,  everyone getting that bit of pep back they lost in the heat........can you tell I am in love with this season?

OK well I am happy to be back and really feel my creativity flowing and hopefully soon I can share more with you!


here is the recipe in all its glory.  Remember to try it with some olives and cilantro (make sure you cook the olives in the rice not just throw them in -- I like to half them or chop them up to spread out the flavor)

http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2010/02/mexican-tomato-rice-and-beans.html

I also made these and they were delish as well
http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2010/09/shredded-beef-and-cheddar-baked-flautas.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...