Shop

Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

So I have had an amazing week in  jewelry.  I have sold a few pieces from my new shop.   I have received a few special orders and a wonderful man called me to make something special for his bride of 30 years!  So very sweet indeed.


This is a favorite of mine I thought I would share.  I also do not  put the pie crust (yes I use pre made shhhh!) on the top of mine.  I cut the pie crust  into  squares, brush them with olive oil, butter, or whatever I have on hand and bake them in the oven.  I just found over time the crust falls into the pot pie and get completely soggy.  Sorry if you like it that way, but I tend to toss it.   Another option is garlic toast (toasted Italian bread rubbed with a clove of garlic---saves on the calories also!).

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:

3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on

3 tablespoons olive oil

Pinch of salt

Freshly ground black pepper

5 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade

2 chicken bouillon cubes

4 tablespoons 4

2 medium  yellow onions, chopped

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup heavy cream

2 cups medium-diced carrots

1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas (2 cups)

1 1/2 cups frozen small whole onions

1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
 
 
   
Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin. Cut the chicken into cubes you should have 4 to 6 cups.

In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. In a large pot  melt the butter and saute the onions over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock to the sauce. Simmer over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring, until thick. Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and heavy cream. Add the cubed chicken, carrots, peas, onions and parsley. Mix well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...