Shop

Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ink, Shibori, and Bleach Tie Dye

I have been gathering dyes and anything black or white for some tie dye projects.  It seems everywhere I look I see inspiration.  I am not a fan of multiple colors, but single color dye projects makes me happy!


Alberto Severso's photographs of ink being poured into water.
source
Some tie dye inspiration.









Honestly Wtf has a tutorial here on different methods  of Shibori.  This is a Japanese term for methods of dyeing cloth by binding, stitching, folding, twisting, and compressing




 AND a tutorial on reverse tie dye with bleach using black here ! 





Source

I go by Katie had a tutorial on A Beautiful Mess found here .




Happy dyeing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, one-color tie dye is the way to go. These are so beautiful.

resolute twig said...

ohhh, I love the tie dye!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...