Shop

Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where Children Sleep

I was a bit shocked when I came across this project by James Mollison.   It is a book of photographs of children called Where Children Sleep.  The children in each picture show a bit about their life, but when you look at their bedroom it tells the real story.  I was shocked and educated on how children around the world are raised. 


If you haven't seen the movie Babies that also is an interesting look at how children are raised in different environments.   The cow coming at the small baby made me cringe!  You will have to check it out.  It is available for streaming on Netflix.


























images by  james mollison



2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I've never seen this before. Really striking isn't it? Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

This is bizarre isn't it?
Even the "normal {to me}" looks so un~nurturing...
It's no wonder the World is headed where it is when you see the discrepancies...
And so few books! Only the second last photo I think...
UGH.
This makes me feel ill.

Thank you for sharing Kathleen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...