Shop

Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

I AM FREE!!!   (silly)   I have to say that after watching the bus speed away ....I will miss  my daughter now that she has started school again.  Most summers parents are overwhelmed with the constant scheduling and rearranging for care while we fulfill obligations in life.   This year with her being older it gave me more  freedom and also I think we had some wonderful adventures.  We went horseback riding, camping, hiking, played video games,  worked out, and walking the dogs.  Simple things that we made fun.  I think I'm more weepy than her first day of school.




Well with this  freedom I will have  more studio time and workout time.  I am hoping my Metalsmithing store will be open by Halloween so more time will be a huge help.   I hope today you are able to do something you love as well!  Have a wonderful day!


Here is a recipe that my friends and family love.  I don't eat pork anymore but they all beg me to make it. 


---Stuffed Pork Chops---


3 garlic cloves


one carrot

one celery stalk

sausage(4 oz),

3 oz of pecans finely chopped

2 tbs of breadcrumbs

2 tsp flat leaf parsley

2tsp of thyme

1 1/2 tsp salt ,

1/2 tsp pepper

pinch of cayenne pepper,

6 one inch think pork butterfly cut chops





heat up olive oil in a pan and saute onion, garlic cook till softened....add diced celery and carrot....cook until tender......3 minutes or so.....add the sausage and cook until lightly browned....about five mins.....put in a bowl. stir in the pecans, bread crumbs, thyme, cayenne and let cool . preheat oven to 350.......put the chops down and on one side add the filling .....fold over the other side of chop and rub top of chop with olive oil, salt, pepper ....garlic or other seasonings you want ....bake for 30mins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...