Shop

Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

I wanted to post this earlier but I ran longer than expected.   It really was nice to get outside  and feel the sun on my face.   Running in the morning really does set your day in a positive direction and clears your head.  I think any kind of exercise really.   OK enough small talk I shall give you the recipe!

This is a really good recipe for meatloaf.  It comes out really tender and delicious.  I usually do not put onions in my daughters so I use two small onions.    I love it with  garlic mashed potatoes and any green vegetable. 



----Ingredients----


1 tablespoon olive oil

3 cups chopped yellow onions (approx 3)

1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves

2 teaspoons kosher salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1/3 cup canned chicken stock or broth

1 tablespoon tomato paste

2 1/2 pounds ground chuck (81 percent lean)

1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs

2 extra-large eggs, beaten

1/2 cup ketchup


----Directions----

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meatloaf will be dense. Divide the mixture into 6 (10 to 11-ounce) portions and shape each portion into a small loaf on a sheet pan. Spread about a tablespoon of ketchup on the top of each portion. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes and serve hot.

I hope you try it and love it.  Have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...