Shop

Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Living Jewelry and Terrariums

I have made some terrariums around my house and wanted to share some of the places you can get  ideas and supplies to make your own!  You can wear, make, or dangle them from the rooftops!




West Elm
 


Here is a moss ring that you can wear made from  bubinga wood and moss.


by cometman and kokeya

 



Living Necklace By Paula Hayes
  


by Twig
 

by teresab123
 

By Paula Hayes
  


By Slug and Squirrel
   



by Slug and Squirrel
  



By Flora Grubb gardens
  


Photo by Josh Spear
   

From the Botany Factory



Here are artists like Paula Hayes that use Plants as living sculptures.
They are called String Gardens and really would give a wow factor in your  home.






Maybe you really cannot let a cactus live and house plants wilt in your presence!  Here is another Idea for the Plant challenged.




I hope you are having a wonderful Day! 




4 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow - never thought to WEAR a terrarium! I've always wanted to try to make one. Thanks for the inspiring photos!

Alyssa said...

They are all so unique! fantastic!!

I saw on etsy today someone has converted old stripper shoes into plant holders, they look amazing - i love peoples creativity involving plants :)

Unknown said...

Lisa
I love the idea as well but my indoor plants have to beg for water I can only imagine how long my jewelry box would crave water!



alyssa
OMG yes I love to look at what crafters use to make such beautiful items!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Samantha said...

How crazy. Who would have thought to wear a plant?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...